I was one of the first few who ordered this device: http://www.withings.com/en/bodyanalyzer and I'd like to share my experiences and problems I encountered.
I keep the device in the bedroom as it is suggested by Withings and (opposed to their recommendation) I weigh myself each and every day.
- Body weight: The records show a daily variation of 2-3 kg, but as far as I know this is normal for a me-sized human.
- Fat and lean mass: I can't really judge, whether the values are correct, but I have to assume, since I want to keep the device.
- Heart rate: It requires discipline to ensure identical breathing and other preconditions; for me it will take a few more days…
- Air quality (CO2): The device analyzes the air every half an hour and submits the values upon each scaling or every 12 hours. It really helps to improve my ventilation habits.
- Data synchronization: The data shows up immediately after the scaling has been completed.
- Scale display: Crystal clear and pleasant white-on-black.
- Usage by non-registered users: The data can be assigned to a user to be created.
- The scale couldn't connect to my 1st gen. Time Capsule (5 years old) which was set to the radio mode "802.11n (5GHz only)". I had to set the radio mode to 802.11n 2.4GHz, to make it work, but this is a performance degradation resulting in half of the bandwidth as on 5GHz.
- The web dashboard doesn't yet fully support the device
|Heart rate and air quality metrics are missing|
- Assigning the scale to a further user account results in going through the whole setup process again.
- The scale suddenly started to measure unbelievably high CO2 values, where blue is around 50 ppm and brown is around 65.500 ppm (would be normally a very dangerous concentration)
|Invalid measurement data|
- The scale measured −4,5% fat mass reduction in just two days - also impossible.